The fourth meeting of the three working groups in Preza was held on Friday, 20th June 2008. They discussed about the types of risks that are facing the values they decided to promote and maintain.
The group of “Touristy Infrastructure” -The types of risks to different elements within this value are respectively:
1. There is a conflict of competencies to open and maintain a Tourist information office / centre
2. There is a great competition from other tour agencies in the region, especially the ones in Kruja, Durres and Tirana, which take visitors only to their cities.
3. The objects are not in a suitable state to be visited at present by the tourists. Left unattended they will be degraded even more. There are no information tables to provide the tourists with some knowledge. If they continue like this, they will be forgotten.
4.Lack of funds to open and maintain a museum in Preza
5. High cost to build and maintain a hotel in Preza considering the present state of the number of tourists who are willing to stay overnight.
6. Entertaining trends are such that most of the people prefer to spend time and money in bar-cafes and restaurants and not in nature doing recreative activities
7. The globalization in the lifestyle and the way people dress and eat posses a danger to the loss of the authentic clothing, traditional food and lifestyle.
The group of “Forests and Biodiversity” – The types of risks to different elements within this value are respectively:
1. Rivers are facing the danger of their water being polluted by the chemical industries in their water-basin. They also face pollution risk from the industry of inert materials, and from the urban waste.
2. Lakes are facing the risk of being dried due to the lack of water, the forests in their vicinity are being cut down, and their water is being filled with wracks.
3. Fauna is facing the increase of endangered species and the hunting without any criteria.
4. Flora – medicinal plants are not being used as much as they should. Endemic species are not being cared for.
5. Bio-products are facing a great competition by the conventional ones. Use of pesticides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers is a danger for the authenticity of bio-products.
6. Forests are being cut down without any criteria by un-licensed people.
7. Underground water – sources are facing the risk by the well drilling which has increased a lot lately.
The group of “Ethno-cultural and artisanal values”- The types of risks to different elements within this value are respectively:
1. The artisan works are facing the risk of being obsolescent because the old people that used to produce them did not pass the skills to the young ones [or the young ones are not interested to continue the skills of their grandfathers / grandmothers]
2. The traditional costumes also are facing the danger of being obsolete because they are not used in events. People tend to go more on the casual and modern style of clothing.
3. The religious cults are in a normal state.
4. The folklore and the traditional musical tools are facing a lot of competition by the modern styles of music and art in general.
5. The oil mills are facing competition by the oil fabrics.
6. The water mills are inexistent for the moment. The risks have done their job already.
written by albpermakulture